Blog Archive

31.10.10

Hollywood Just Isn't for me

I used to think that to be successful in the world everyone would have to know you name, you would have to have a lot of money and be in front of all the top magazines.

I used to think that I would truly have it all when I gained approval from the general public. Or perhaps when I won an Oscar for playing a historical character who actually did something to change the world.

It was only until recently that I realized that TMZ doesn't define my life and that seventeen magazine isn't the end all be all to teeny-bopper relationship advise. Twitter is not a popularity contest and Facebook is not meant for stalking.

At the end of the day we all have the same fate and at the end of the day a Vogue cover will amount to nothing. The eating disorder you've formed in order to fit into a two sizes too small Vera Wang dress will mean nothing.

God forbid you end up in a hospital bed after hearing you have brain cancer...I bet that last thing on your mind will be about the latest child Anglina Jolie bought (i mean got) or about your salon appointment next week.

There will come a day when we are all accountable for our actions and when we look back at it all will it be even worth looking at? Will our obsession with fame and money mean anything in the end? See now, my guess is that it won't..

-Somina B.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.4

1 comment:

  1. Wow i just read your latest post, and you have me hooked on your blog :) I love your writing voice. You seem to have a great personality! I am now following your great blog. Check out mine if you would like to.

    Kate
    http://thefancifieds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete